Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CONDOMnation I

On December 11, 2008, an FDA advisory panel unanimously recommended the approval of the FC2, a new female condom. The FC2 would be 30% cheaper than the current version, even though male condoms are much less expensive. A cheaper female condom, if widely distributed, could prevent tens of thousands of HIV infections worldwide in part because it allows women to take the lead in protecting themselves. Nationally, the rate of AIDS diagnoses for black women was nearly 23 times the rate for white women and high-risk sexual contact was responsible for 74 percent of those infections. Lets hope that the FDA gets it right and approves the new female condom soon.

2 comments:

harlemgirl said...

I was reading ur article in July 2008, and i was so intrigued. I do not have hiv or aids, however I am concerned with the Black women reputation, I believe that white women are way more promiscuious, and Black women have a higher rate of Hiv or AIDs, something just aint right. I do believe it is an conspiracy. I can not get ur email, my computer will not link me to it, however, i will give u mine. jasiealias@yahoo.com
I would love to attend a conference if u have one here in New York City.

Unknown said...

They say HIV/AIDS has no cure but I stand to prove them wrong!!! My name is Leo from Republic of Congo. I have lived with HIV for so many years taking anti-retroviral drugs to subside the virus, to a point I was short of money buying the drugs. But not long ago I read about Iyabiye’s medication online, I decided to try him to see if what I read was true and behold it was all true. He administered his medication to me and after using it I became cured, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative meaning I am HIV free, no more worries and no more spending unnecessarily again. Contact him if you are interested: yabiyehealinghome@gmail.com or Call/Whatsapp: +2348072229413